Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What would be awesome is if they would post on MC and give us story scenarios to...approve! HA HA! It would never happen, though.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
They're fans? And they hated the concept movies? That couldn't be a better sign. And with the talk of older characters like Rowlf and the Mayhem... that gives me high hopes when this script is produced. They're clearly just throwing around ideas, and seeing what sticks to the wall, like cooked Pasta. I'm sure we'll see something for new and old fans alike.
um, I'm not so sure he's just throwing around ideas... That is not how those pitch meetings work. You have to go in with a concrete storyline, a synopsis and an outline. It's a clear and definite roadmap of how and what will be written. They aren't just buying thin air - they want to know details. The writer said himself that they have a great story!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
um, I'm not so sure he's just throwing around ideas... That is not how those pitch meetings work. You have to go in with a concrete storyline, a synopsis and an outline. It's a clear and definite roadmap of how and what will be written. They aren't just buying thin air - they want to know details. The writer said himself that they have a great story!
Word.

Three months into 2008 and we already have word of S4 of Fraggle Rock, S3 of TMS, new Muppet videos on a new Muppet website and a new Muppet movie.

We should throw a party. :wink:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
And don't forget about the Muppet Replicas. I could barely sleep last night thinking about this and the muppets.. I didn't realize how truly starved I am for them to make a comeback - haha.

I really hate how that one guy on the comments of the blog stereotyped us all as geeks and said noone will go see a muppet movie and why was the writer wasting his time. I wish I knew where that guy lived! :crazy:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Hey jimhensonhour,

I don't recall the joke you had said or i would have said something about it. I think if it was just a joke though it should be let go and forgoten about. I mean sure Disney is doing good right now but that don't mean everything they put out is gold. and i think that is what you have been saying this whole time, and i agree with you.
There are the ones on here that have said Disney is "kill", "mess up" or "ruin" the Muppets and they think that the Muppets are also not going to ever do anything good again, Thouse are the people i get mad at, and in another thread i did loses my cool and say somethings i didn't mean. I think that when they are at least trying with good season sets of TMS and the new Muppets.com why tell them and fans who don't know about them that Disney is going to kill the Muppets. THEY CARE THEY REALLY CARE thats all i am saying.
Well, at this point it's obvious that they care, to say they don't is foolish.
And don't forget about the Muppet Replicas. I could barely sleep last night thinking about this and the muppets.. I didn't realize how truly starved I am for them to make a comeback - haha.

I really hate how that one guy on the comments of the blog stereotyped us all as geeks and said noone will go see a muppet movie and why was the writer wasting his time. I wish I knew where that guy lived! :crazy:
I dislike it also, I know tuns of people young and old who love the Muppets and they aren't even as obsessed as most of us here lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate to be a Scrooge, I really do, but does anyone else besides me realize that Disney keeps promising all of these new Muppet projects for us fans, and then they never see the light of day? So what makes you all think that this movie is really going to happen? For all we know, it could be another hoax, or promise that Disney doesn't intend to keep?

I'm just sayin'...

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I hate to be a Scrooge, I really do, but does anyone else besides me realize that Disney keeps promising all of these new Muppet projects for us fans, and then they never see the light of day? So what makes you all think that this movie is really going to happen? For all we know, it could be another hoax, or promise that Disney doesn't intend to keep?

I'm just sayin'...
Oh ok - you're so right. Disney will just sit on the franchise and never do another thing with it. They will build a brand new website, collect the muppet emmy and just relegate themselves to making money off the previous DVD's. Get real! Hollywood doesn't work that way, they sat on it, concentrated on other things, came across a viable project/talent team and pounced. If they weren't eventually going to use their assets they would liquidate them... It's basic business principles at work.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Thanks for the Rotten Tomatoes article. A little more light gets shed on this every day.

And you know who Jason Segel reminds me of in that article? Us. Without typos or emoticons. Hmm, he can point out the differences between the types of movies? He's petitioning Disney for a Muppet movie? He understands that the Muppets should seem like actors and the cameos not just be lame cameos?

God bless you, Jason Segel. I believe in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.