What sketches scared you as a kid?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back when i was about five to seven years old, i reacall always getting bad luck while watching the Sesame streets back in the early 80's. at some point of the show i would miss the first half, its was always the second act of the show when all of a sudden i would end up stuck looking yet afraid at this human man that looked Indain or some another guy with white looking clothes that would begin a motion that would move his hand into a shape that looked like a various shadow of some animal or human the first few minutes, but at that same point every time it came on it would scare the daylighhts out of me, and i would always hide like a punk. but since then i can clearly see that image again, but only faded, but now hopefully i can reclaim that fear and, face it, but my search continues to find such a segment like that one, and watch agian to see if this time do'nt freak out about it agian. :grouchy:

PS. CAN THAT BE FOUND TO BE VIWED?
Hmmmm... From the discription, I can't tell what you're thinking of. It wouldn't happen to be that thing where they animate drawings in the sand, building a letter or something, would it?

Soul H

Reaction score
That cartoon still inspires mixed emotions in me: On one hand, seeing the king beat those dragons so easily is cool--especially when the last one tries to run for his life. *LOL* On the other, I can't blame King Minus for "subtracting" himself after he accidentally makes the princess disappear; if only he'd remembered to put his other glove on first! :cry:
If he put on the other glove, it would disappear also.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If he put on the other glove, it would disappear also.

Much like the real king Midas (real being a joke, since he's a myth), there is far too many inconsistancies reguarding his powers. I mean, how does he go the bathroom? And it's unavoidable to touch yourself, even by accident. You can't walk around with your arms out at your side 24/7. You can't even get dressed. And if everything disappears, there's no way to sustain life, as you can't even eat. It's quite impossible, and one of those little mythic things that gets too illogical the more you think about it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup, and that's where suspension of belief comes in, hehe. We have to keep in mind the story is just trying to make a point, not be realistic. :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That cartoon still inspires mixed emotions in me: On one hand, seeing the king beat those dragons so easily is cool--especially when the last one tries to run for his life. *LOL* On the other, I can't blame King Minus for "subtracting" himself after he accidentally makes the princess disappear; if only he'd remembered to put his other glove on first! :cry:
Yeah Inga. I agree with you about the part where the last dragon runs into the forest but King Minus finds him. We don't see what actually happens but I can see him backed up in a corner pleading for mercy while King Minus approaches upon his horse with his arm outstretched step by step for dramatic tension.
But like you said the ending is rather sad though I suppose most children find it simply hilarious that they don't really feel sorry at all. I think that's the way it's subtly designed right from the start. To be established as a story to tickle children's humour all the way through no matter what happens in the end.

pagesidehigh

Reaction score
ok, first and foremost, that **** cartoon with the crack in the wall that came to life (btw, i *REALLY* want to see that so if anyone has it, please let me know!)

then, when the count spent the night w/ernie and kept him up all night - ernie came walking out of the bedroom in the a.m. like a zombie w/little pupils and was counting all crazy - you have to understand, ernie was my first love (seriously) and to see him all messed up was more than i could take

also, that one about pollution that ended w/the earth all dark and muddy and the guy singing "what an icky, ugly, no good world this would be"

superboober

Reaction score
then, when the count spent the night w/ernie and kept him up all night - ernie came walking out of the bedroom in the a.m. like a zombie w/little pupils and was counting all crazy - you have to understand, ernie was my first love (seriously) and to see him all messed up was more than i could take
Absolutely, that got me as well. The flat, dronal voice Henson uses for the moment doesn't help the situation either and makes him sound evil.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
-This might have been different depending on TV station, but right after the credits, there was a black screen with some other info on it, and the music was scary to me- it was the same type of Sesame Street funk band, but the low trombones and chimes freaked me out. I can play it on the piano to this day.
Well, good to see that I wasn't the only one who was scared by that ending song...for me, it was so bad that I couldn't listen to it at all (had to mute the volume or change the channel). To this day I prefer not to listen to it, but don't get as upset as I did back then if I do hear it (and there's a Russian song I like with an intro that sounds similar to it, so that makes it a little easier).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if I said this before, but one time I was watching SS, and they showed the episode's production title card (station Identification, used primarily to identify the episodes, if you're working at a TV station). It creeped me out, indeed. It also mentioned "Cold opening" and There was no mention of Cold in the opening sequence. of course, now I know that basically means the stuff they put on before the theme song.