In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really think it's just to early to hear much. Maybe they'll say something on the 3rd Season DVD.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It was stated that the Jim Henson Company would be focusing on Power of the Dark Crystal first. I assume once post-production is done on that, we'll hear alot more about Fraggle Rock.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
It was stated that the Jim Henson Company would be focusing on Power of the Dark Crystal first. I assume once post-production is done on that, we'll hear alot more about Fraggle Rock.
Speaking of which, is there any news on that?

unclematt

Reaction score
That upsets me because I think a Fraggle movie would be more widely accepted than a Crystal movie

muppet baby

Reaction score
That upsets me because I think a Fraggle movie would be more widely accepted than a Crystal movie

i know what you mean matt i really think that the faggle rock movie would be better for right :smirk: now i hope that they decied to do the fraggle first but if not as soon as the dark cyistal movie is done that they start on the fraggle movie and work on it .:excited:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Some questions and thoughts...

Hey everyone,

I'm looking forward to the Fraggle movie, too. I had some thoughts and questions maybe someone could answer.

First of all, how the heck can somebody audition to work on (or be in) this movie?:big_grin: Personally, auditioning to be Junior Gorg or to give Jerry a hand with performing Gobo would be a dream come true for me. Man...(Sesame Street "imagining" chimes and soft focus morphing from the MC Forum to the recording studio with Jerry Nelson...)

:sleep: "Yeah, you'll get that job all right."
:boo: "Yeah! As soon as that bear tells a decent joke! Doh ho ho ho ho ho!"

Ah well. Just a dream, I guess. I suppose someone's all set up for that job. But just in case...would it hurt to tell JHC that I'm interested? I would love so much to be a part of the Fragglish magic that enchanted me as a kid. Heck, I'd do it as an intern and not care if I got a penny. (Hey, Jerry! You have a volunteer helper here!)

Also, anyone know where the Fraggle movie is going to be filmed? Toronto? New York? Traveling Matt goes all over the world. So...um...would the rest of the Fraggles go there, too? My brother lives in a major city, so it would be pretty funny for him to be one of the "extras" seen in one of Matt's postcard segments.

Will humans be able to see the Fraggles? Doc does in "The Honk of Honks", and Cantus points out what needed to be done in order for Gobo to become visible to Doc. As for Matt, the Silly Creatures merely mistake him for an old man, (a little old lady gave him a quarter once), pass him by without seeing him, or mistake him for something else (such as Doc did when he thought Matt was a garden gnome).

This "Invisibility is in the eye of the beholder" concept Cantus explains...will it play a role in the movie? It seemed that in "The Honk of Honks" that Fraggles were not unlike other metaphysical creatures of our legends (ex. faeries) that needed to be believed in to be seen. I've noticed that on the show. The adult Silly Creatures quite often just walk by Matt. The kids see him and sometimes interact with him, even if done unscripted. Kids are often more open-minded to seeing a magical world around them. Adults are often (as Cantus puts it) "Those who can't see. See?" One scene I remember (can't remember the episode..."Battle of Leaking Roof?") a mother and toddler walk past Matt in a mall. The mother keeps on walking, but the child grins and shyly opens and closes her hand (waving) to Matt. It's a cute little unscripted reaction that reminds the audience that Fraggles are magical, yet are often invisible to adults.

What do you guys think?

Convincing John

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i think i want what you're hav'n

jk

makes sense. Keeping it in the same way with the show... but i'm not sure if you're saying that they're invisible, r he was just unnoticed. There were alot of people (adults) that have seen Matt, as Doc sees Gobo as well. I don't think average people walking around think up of seeing a fraggle, and there they see Matt.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Well...as Cantus put it "Invisibility is in the eye of the beholder."

Yes, Doc does see Gobo, but it isn't until a connection is made between them that Doc and Gobo both interpret Cantus's way of seeing. This was established in "The Honk of Honks". In the beginning of the episode, Doc looks straight at Gobo (Sprocket even points to him!) and Doc says:

"I don't see anything."

Later, Gobo makes the connection of "touch" between him and Doc.

:smirk: "I felt bad for you. That's how you touched me, and I touched you. You aren't just a Silly Creature! You're a you, aren't ya?"

Doc: "I'm a...what?"

Gobo: "A you, like me!"

As for Matt, yes a lot of Silly Creatures, young and old, see him. However, the grown-ups (IMHO) would just mistake him for something they could interpret and understand, logically a little old man with a big nose. In "You Can't Do That Without A Hat", an old lady comes to him at a donut shop and says "Oh, you poor man. You look like you could use this" and she gives him a quarter.

This underlying aspect would seem to further underline the Silly Creature's inability to truly "see" (to understand) as Cantus puts it.

So to perhaps put it as simply as I can, Matt was noticed by many, but not seen for what he truly was. So in a way, his true nature as a Fraggle was "invisible" to the Silly Creatures. Adults merely saw this vague Mark Twain-like, short old man in explorer gear stumbling his way around the world.

Convincing John

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well...as Cantus put it "Invisibility is in the eye of the beholder."

Yes, Doc does see Gobo, but it isn't until a connection is made between them that Doc and Gobo both interpret Cantus's way of seeing. This was established in "The Honk of Honks". In the beginning of the episode, Doc looks straight at Gobo (Sprocket even points to him!) and Doc says:

"I don't see anything."

Later, Gobo makes the connection of "touch" between him and Doc.

:smirk: "I felt bad for you. That's how you touched me, and I touched you. You aren't just a Silly Creature! You're a you, aren't ya?"

Doc: "I'm a...what?"

Gobo: "A you, like me!"

As for Matt, yes a lot of Silly Creatures, young and old, see him. However, the grown-ups (IMHO) would just mistake him for something they could interpret and understand, logically a little old man with a big nose. In "You Can't Do That Without A Hat", an old lady comes to him at a donut shop and says "Oh, you poor man. You look like you could use this" and she gives him a quarter.

This underlying aspect would seem to further underline the Silly Creature's inability to truly "see" (to understand) as Cantus puts it.

So to perhaps put it as simply as I can, Matt was noticed by many, but not seen for what he truly was. So in a way, his true nature as a Fraggle was "invisible" to the Silly Creatures. Adults merely saw this vague Mark Twain-like, short old man in explorer gear stumbling his way around the world.

Convincing John
That is well put CJ. I like how you think.