The Kev and Muley Thread

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, man! Super Mule was great! "LNN"? I couldn't read would it stood for, but, might this be a reference to... Lin?

And I forgot you made an Audrey II puppet. It looks fantastic! Great work, man.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Hi Kevin and Muley!

Merry Christmas Kevin and Muley,that was a cute video that you did.Finally get to see and hear you.

-Diana

BEAR

Reaction score
I've probably watched it 2 or 3 times a day since you put it up. It just makes me so happy. I'm such a dork.:embarrassed:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I've probably watched it 2 or 3 times a day since you put it up. It just makes me so happy. I'm such a dork.:embarrassed:
No you're not, I've watched that one and Beau's greeting probably that many times as well, it's fun! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LNN--Luthor News Network. Although, not a bad connection to good ol' buddy Lin! Nobody's a bigger dork than I am--you can tell it the way I'm hamming it up in that video.

Beau has a greeting online? I have to search that out. I didn't know that! Cool.

Started trying to think of what to let Muley do that's worth wasting time on.

SuperScooter, glad you liked the SuperMule video. It's fun. There's a history behind what actually happened that led up to that video advertising his appearance:

We found out that there was going to be an implosion of an the old Baptist Central Hospital in Midtown Memphis, and we borrowed a video camera to go down and get footage of it. One of the shots we got was Muley walking across the screen, pausing, looking at the hospital, and leaving the screen. Next would be a shot cut in of Muley walking up to a big red button that says "Don't Push," and obviously he does. Then, the hospital would explode, and we finally shot Muley frantically running across the screen after the hospital had crashed. Obviously, we never did this particular 'sketch.'

Another project was to take Muley in his SuperMule outfit around Memphis and do different shots of Muley Kent and SuperMule, but we did some shots of Muley on 'video' with the wind blowing his cape and such, and Lin asked Tim if he could edit that all together, and Tim instead gave us his video camera to go shoot some scenes of Muley doing different stuff--nothing in particular, just test stuff to see what it would look like.

Well, one weekend when I went to visit Papa Roy, Tim and Lin got together and edited this video together, our other buddy Dave making the title graphics at the end of the film (the "S" logo), and when I got back home, Tim had me read off a script he wrote, so I'm the news reporter (although, Tim's got a better voice than I do).

In actuality, the SuperMule video was a happy accident that all the footage just kind of fell together like that--and to a beat also! Tim and Lin are two talented folks!!

The "Feed Me" skit was done because: 1) I made the puppet, and 2) I had that song stuck in my head for so long that I couldn't get it out of my head--after that, it's been free. We didn't do a skit in 2006, and I think folks could tell we weren't a part of it. Hopefully next year, though, I'll get my next wish and we can do the "King Bee" sketch from SNL, but something a bit more blues-rock sounding. We'll see.

Something I haven't put up yet are some other little stupid things I did for fun, and I doubt I'll put it up there because I don't want folks to really judge me when I did it for fun, but I have video of me playing my Kermit puppet and singing Bein' Green, The Rainbow Connection, Rainbow Connection Reprise (of sorts), and something else with Super Freak and Green Onions. Ha ha...yeah, but I won't put those up.

jediX

Reaction score
Wow, how'd I miss this? Awesome! I feel guilty now for not making one of these things myself...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Do it! It's cool and groovy.

I didn't do any drawn Christmas cards, so this was my way of getting to everyone I know (on all the forums I visit). Plus, family and friends got the link.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, so this is Kevin's famous video! It was great, very funny! That Muley is a cute little devil, isn't he?
:wink: It was great to hear what the two of you sound like! Very nice voices the two of you have! Happy Newyear to you!
:smile: