Elmo annoying!? Not compared to THIS guy!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So I don't get a chance to watch SS really anymore, but thanks to digital cable, I caught an episode tonight. Now everyone gives Elmo crap, but the elephant!?! Oh... my... God... my ears started bleeding, this thing made my brain explode like scanners! Oh God it was terrible! I never really had any issues with Elmo, but this banshee they call an elephant made me wanna' stab myself in the eyeballs with a flaming porcupine and then rinse with gasoline. Granted he's a beautiful puppet, but good Lord... :eek: :attitude: :cry:

Thoughts?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ha-ha, don't be sorry!

And yeah, I totally hate that elephant too. 've only seen him a couple times, and my head nearly exploded.

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
So I don't get a chance to watch SS really anymore, but thanks to digital cable, I caught an episode tonight. Now everyone gives Elmo crap, but the elephant!?! Oh... my... God... my ears started bleeding, this thing made my brain explode like scanners! Oh God it was terrible! I never really had any issues with Elmo, but this banshee they call an elephant made me wanna' stab myself in the eyeballs with a flaming porcupine and then rinse with gasoline. Granted he's a beautiful puppet, but good Lord... :eek: :attitude: :cry:

Thoughts?

You want my thoughts? Okay...they are exactly the same as yours. I have a hard time watching him too. I never had a problem with Elmo either, but this elephant got on my nerves since day one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
...this banshee they call an elephant made me wanna' stab myself in the eyeballs with a flaming porcupine and then rinse with gasoline...
*packages up a dvd of just Elephant clips and marks it, "The Best of Kermit Newsflashes"*

Hey, Vic, I got a DVD for you!

Convincing John

Reaction score
I agree, Vic...

Yes, it's a great puppet, and the "Elephant Elevator Operator" song wasn't bad, but that was because that was Dave performing (or at least it sounded Beauregard-ish).

The voice adds a lot to the character, and to me, Joey Mazzarino overuses that same whiny, grating voice over and over again that sounds exactly the same with characters that immediately become annoying from the first syllable. Joey the Armadillo, Stinky the Stinkplant, Goggles, Bug from Elmo in Grouchland, Joey Monkey...it's all the same voice. I'm sure the elephant is no exception.

David Rudman also gets annoying, and especially when paired with Mazzarino. (Joey and Davey Monkey, anyone?) But Baby Bear, or as he says, Baby Beawh is annoying enough on his own.

Voices really help to define a character. All you need to do is listen to any of Jerry Nelson's characters. Even similar voiced ones like Gobo and Robin are pitched differently. These and other wonderful characters have voices that are not only pleasant to listen to, but they are totally believable. You truly believe in them. Jerry's just one example. (I was watching Fraggle Rock this morning).:smirk:

But Mazzarino? Man...two grating words from the self-pitying, whiny stinkplant and I change the channel. Change the channel back after a while, and that same voice is back, this time on the elephant, a monster or any other character Joey performs. Learn a new voice, man.

Had to be said.

Convincing John

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
So I don't get a chance to watch SS really anymore, but thanks to digital cable, I caught an episode tonight. Now everyone gives Elmo crap, but the elephant!?! Oh... my... God... my ears started bleeding, this thing made my brain explode like scanners! Oh God it was terrible! I never really had any issues with Elmo, but this banshee they call an elephant made me wanna' stab myself in the eyeballs with a flaming porcupine and then rinse with gasoline. Granted he's a beautiful puppet, but good Lord...
But how do you REALLY feel about him? :stick_out_tongue: