The Muppet Central Dictionary

Kiki

Reaction score
The Count said:
Also... You should add a little blurb for MTM stating that The Muppets Take Manhattan is also referencially abbreviated as TMTM, similar to TGMC.
Additions...

TMM: The Muppet Movie.
FTB!: Follow That Bird! Short version for the movie's full title: Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird!
EIG: Elmo In Grouchland, also referencially abbreviated as TAOEIG (The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland).
JHH: The Jim Henson Hour.
JHC: The Jim Henson Company.
MHC: The Muppets Holding Company.
MT: Muppets Tonight.
S&F: Sam and Friends.
TGSCS: The Great Santa Claus Switch, others have used it occasionally.
LMM: Little Muppet Monsters.
MB: Muppet Babies.
GOFH: The Ghost of Faffner Hall.
JHAS: Jim Henson's Animal Show.

Hope this helps.
Wowie Kazowie Count, you're so wise! (someone's done their homework!)

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Count said:
SWAEHB: Steve Whitmire Admirers, Especially His Backside.
*gasp* How wude!

...*ahem*...It's Behind, not backside.

Also, I forget what "SSS" stands for? Does anyone know?

Aproximatly Robin Sized Teddy (The): n. A teddy belonging to Lisa/Toga. Used as a comfort object during particularly sad fan-fics.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Nyssa already corrected me on that one Bo. BTW: Check the dorms, there's an announcement there for all.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Lyan (proper n.)The physical/mental combination of Ryan/Prawnie and Lisa/Toga, created when chapter 1 of The Time The Muppets Beat Time was posted. (See also, Lyan (n.) Eg. "Your Lyan side is showing.")

Beauregard

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Tee-hee! The thread is called The Muppet Central Dictionary, not GREATEST MOMENTS OF HISTORY EVER RECORDED... in history.
But wouldn't that be cool? A MC encycolpedia of knowledge. I suppose we can streatch the boudries of "Dictionary" to include that?

Billy, the Psychic Rubber Chicken: n. A psychic rubber chicken, once owned by Kevin/Fozzie Bear who later rotted and now glitters and bounces in the psychic cosmos and is missed by all.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Update

THE MUPPET CENTRAL DICTIONARY

<...> (v): Brackets use to input actions from real life into a post. IE <nods> <headslap> <grabs teddy bear> <jumps off nearest cliff> <runs in circles, screaming loudly>

*...* (v): Brackets usually used for actions that have sounds involved. IE *groans* *cries* *grumble, grumble* or in place of <...> when currently doing an action or you're on the receiving end of someone else's action. IE *is silent* *is slapped*

(((...))) : punctuation Used to give "hugs" to a particular member of MC forum, used especially in the Kiss Kiss Hug Hug thread.

{{{{...}}}} (punc.): used especially by RedDragon when giving hugs because she wanted to be different and because these brackets are prettier...also known as force lines... Also the preferred hug symbols used by Ziffel, though he does use other ones at times for variety such as [[[[ ]]]] and \\\\ ////

>< squint A Pepperism used mostly by MrsPepper in replace for an actual smiley.

3004 n. The year forum member Beauregard was trapped in for a length of time.

A Life (n): Something that many MCer's do not have...and even less know what it is...To have a social life outside of MC making it harder to visit us...

Aproximatly Robin Sized Teddy (The): n. A teddy belonging to Lisa/Toga. Used as a comfort object during particularly sad fan-fics.

Avy (n): The picture next to your screen name, also known as an avatar.

Bagel (n): The Official snack food of SWAEHB

Barry Lee: Speaks the truth alot; (also see acts like a nine year old)

Bathtubs: n. Same as the Hottubs, except that the bathtubs were open to any MC'er who had at least one (1) post.

BBB: Bill Baretta Borrowers.

Billy, the Psychic Rubber Chicken: n. A psychic rubber chicken, once owned by Kevin/Fozzie Bear who later rotted and now glitters and bounces in the psychic cosmos and is missed by all.

BITBBH: (abbreviation) Bear In The Big Blue House

BTW: By the way...used as a side comment seperate from the rest of the post...

Bump (v): To post in a thread, bringing it back up to the top of the forum.

Byron's Hot Tub Incident: A highly guarded and apparently embarassing moment in MC history. Information is no longer available due to rumors, gossip and false records kept during the time of the incident.

Dead (v): Meaning there is no activity for a long period of time.

Do a That Announcer v. to vanish off the face of the earth completely.

EIG: Elmo In Grouchland, also referencially abbreviated as TAOEIG (The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland).

EM Bus: 1. (abbreviation) Electric Mayhem Bus 2. (n) Legendary vehicle used for transportation of the Muppets. 3 (n) Once used by several MC members to break-in to Henson/Disney/CTW Studios to steal actual Muppet puppets and kidnap well known Muppeteers. *(see bottom of page)

Epic: A really long, really good fanfic. See also Flippersteps in the Sand.

FanFic (n): a fan fiction about the Muppets...or Muppet related topics...

FR: (abbreviation) Fraggle Rock.

FTB!: Follow That Bird! Short version for the movie's full title: Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird!

GMC: (abbreviation) The Great Muppet Caper (also seen as TGMC).

GOFH: The Ghost of Faffner Hall.

hamster n., a small rodent that is loved greatly by anythingmuppet and is sometimes used as a replacement for cannonballs.

The Hatrack n Another Pepperism in reference to an episode of The Muppet Show that was written by "The Hatrack".

Hensonville: The fictional town where the boarding house was located in MFS, which has evolved into a full-blown fictional town in various fanfictions. Stores in town are named often after Muppet references such as Mike's Bakery (SS) or other fanfictional landmarks such as Christy's Bar & Grill (Flippersteps. The owners of the various establishments are often the real/fictional selves of various MC'ers such as Beth (redBoobergurl) at Beth's Clock Shop.

Hot Tubs: (n) Sacred place once reserved for senior members of Muppet Central, shut down due to an over flow of spin-off threads and abused use for post count fluffing.

IAVMMC: (abbreviation) It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas (also seen as AVMMC & VMMC).

IAVMMCM: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie...see above for more... (VMMCM is also used/acceptable).

JHAS: Jim Henson's Animal Show.

JHC: The Jim Henson Company.

JHH: The Jim Henson Hour.

Junior Member: (n) Person who has joined Muppet Central and currently has a post count of 29 and under.

Kiki (n):Clinically insane, has all the looks but no substance. (see gooselike.)

KimptheShrimp (v)- Boasterist,Loud Overwelming guy with Big Heart and Mouth

KSY: Kermit Swamp Years

LMM: Little Muppet Monsters.

Lurk (v): to sign on and read threads, but post very rarely. Lurked, Lurks, Lurking.
>Lurker (n): Someone who lurks.

Lyan (proper n.)The physical/mental combination of Ryan/Prawnie and Lisa/Toga, created when chapter 1 of The Time The Muppets Beat Time was posted. (See also, Lyan (n.) Eg. "Your Lyan side is showing.")

M*A*S*H: A favorite show of Skeeter Muppet and D'Snowth, often quoted over at "The Quote Thread" in the General Discussion forum.

MB: Muppet Babies.

MBH: Muppet Boarding House, first seen in MFS.

MC: (abbreviation) Muppet Central. Also Muppet College, as in the MC Dorms.

MCC: Muppet Christmas Carol...

MC Dorms: n. The Muppet Central Dorms, where posters room and interact with Muppet characters and anything can happen at any given moment.

MCer (n): Someone who is a part of the MC community.

Member: (n) Person who has joined Muppet Central and currently has a post count of 30 to 999.

MFC: (abbreviation) Muppet Family Christmas.

MFS: (abbreviation) Muppets From Space.

MHC: The Muppets Holding Company.

MopFam (Proper n): Moppet Family...an on-line sitcom where insanity is normality

Mopfam n. Short for "The Moppet Family" which originates in a thread that was started a long time ago. Can be used only with a "the" (the Mopfam) as there is only one mopfam in the world.

Mopfam vb. To post and/or to have fun in the Moppet Family thread. (Let's mopfam!! let's go post in the mopfam thread)

Mopfam adj. When something/somebody is like the mopfam thread (That's so mopfam that is so crazy and strange and random and mopfam-ish.) Hasn't been used much or maybe not at all but when "mopfam" is both a noun and a verb it might very well also be an adjective

MT: Muppets Tonight.

MTI: Muppet Treasure Island

MTM: Muppet's Take Manhattan (also referencially abbreviated as TMTM)

Muffin (v)(n): As noun...a delicious breakfast treat. The official snack of BBB(I think). As verb...means to steal or shift a thread away from its original topic through crazy antics. Muffined, Muffining.

Muffin - v The act of taking a thread off topic by posting something unrelated or holding side conversations with various members. Muffened v Muffening v

Muffin - n. The art of intentionaly (or unintentionaly) diverting from the original topic being discussed in a thread. Muffining v. Muffined v.

MWoO: (1) Muppets' Wizard of Oz. (2) A cow with a lisp.

Nag (v): To bother or badger a FanFic author to post a new chapter. Nagging, Nagged, Nags.

OOC: Out of character...used in RPGs(role playing games) to seperate outside comments from the RPGs story line...

Penguin - n. 1. A black and white flightless bird that flips, 2. A smilie named Zany (It's not that the graphic is named "Zany", it's more that the graphic or Muppet emodicon expresses zaniness), 3. An imfamous cue-card carrying penguin that will never go to the back of the queue (This is the penguin specifically named Zany, although he has a fellow cue card carrying companion named Ed).

Penguin Canon - n. A canon used for shooting penguins at writers of fanfics (see fanfic) to hurry them along. (For related topics see Nagging)

Post Count: (n) The number of posts credited to a member of Muppet Central. Post count is relative to individual membership.

Punch Drunk (v): When D'Snowth gets drunk on the non-alcoholic fruit punch...

RHLC: Richard Hunt Lover's Club. Started by Sara, aka ReneeLouvier. Is currently on its way to 2,000 posts. Sometimes prone to muffining.

Rocky n A stuffed squirrel one sleeps with.

Roomies: n. (1) Shortened version of the word "roommates". (2) Word used often by Skeeter Muppet to refer to her MC Dorms roommates.

sah-ree(adj) a way of apologizing
(Used in a sentence:Katzi428 often says sah-ree in posts when she makes mistakes)

Senior Member: (n) Person who has joined Muppet Central and currently has a post count of 1000 or higher.

S&F: Sam and Friends.

Siggy (n): the statement after each person's post that is the same ever time that person posts(unless they change it to something else)...

Snowthergeist n. the spiritual apparation of D'Snowth after being destroyed in a totally cool explosion of totally coolness. Spirit of Snowth n.

Spam- posts that are solely intended to sell items or plug in other forums excessively. Please report to moderators.

Spammer noun- one who spams

spamming verb- to spam

SS: (abbreviation) Sesame Street.

Sticky: (n) When a thread has been indefinitely placed at the top of the list in a forum section by a moderator, not allowing it to "fall" from the page, regardless of how often or not someone posts in it. A "stickied" thread is often about a subject matter that is currently popular and/or topical or updated frequently. The purpose of a sticky thread is to ensure viewers can find it easily.
• stickied (v past tense)
• stickying (v present tense)

sugar-high: A phase that anythingmuppet sometimes goes into of which occurs due to too much sugar in the bloodstream thus making him hyper.

SWAEHB: Steve Whitmire Admirers, Especially His Behind

Tear-jerking: n. A fanfiction term used to describe a really sad fic or the really sad parts of a fanfic.

TEC: (abbreviation) The Electric Company

Teddy Bear: Comfort object, often reccommended when reading a tear-jerking fanfic.

TGSCS: The Great Santa Claus Switch, others have used it occasionally.

Thread killer (n): Someone who posts something so crazy and outrageous that others stop posting in that thread. To kill to thread (v).

T*K*O - n. 1. Acronym for the Thread Killers Organization.
2. An original Muppet Central sitcom than ran from 2005 to 2007.

TMM: The Muppet Movie.

TMS: The Muppet Show

TMS Outlines: A specific type of fanfiction in which the author writes a near-script (or sometimes a whole script) for an episode of the Muppet Show starring a favorite celebrity as the guest star.

TMTM - See MTM

Ushy gushy n. A Fan-Fictional term for being "cute" or displaying love between Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy (or any other Muppet couple) in a Fan-Fiction. See also Ushy gushy v. Ushy gushy adj.

Your face!: Originated by Muppet performer Richard Hunt. Means, essentially, "the heck with you."

Ziffel - v. The act of unknowingly posting at the exact same time as another person, and then realize his post has been posted first. Ziffeling v. Ziffeled v.

Ziffelfest (also Ziffelzest) - n. When a lot of ziffeling is going on in a short period of time.

* = But possibly never used it to break into CTW/SW's workshops... Only the Henson studios to break/kidnap Muppets and Muppeteers.

superfan

Reaction score
aaah, so I have been using my asteriks *...* incorrectly, then. I use them for both sounds AND actions.

*mumbles to self*

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I thought an asterick before an action as in... *smacks forehead ...
was for any action. Didn't know it should also be accompanied by a sound.
*mulls this over a few seconds

And I also first saw this asterick/action thing used by someone as a single asterick, rather than one at the end also. So my tendency has always been to use the single since that's how I was "taught". heeheehee

BTW, that "heeheehee" is the way I like to do laughing, instead of hehe (since "he" means male gender) and I like three hee's instead of two because Ernie always laughed with at least three syllables (eg. KEE HEE HEE! or KEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!). But I also occasionally like to use "haw haw haw" for laughing purposes. I seldom use the famous LOL because I usually am laughing inside more often than actually laughing out loud, or my laughing out loud had already taken place upon reading the quote (and not while typing a reply). Brings to mind still another personal code of mine - I like WOCL (Walks on ceiling laughing) instead of ROFL. Oh and when in a really silly and goofy mood I rather enjoy "yesh" for "yes" (as Prince Charming in SS would say). :smile:

Okay now I'm starting to muffin so...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You could always also use "Yeth" like Myth (Carol Kane) from TMM.
Few things...

The entry for 3004 and the punctuation mark entries should probably go at the top of the list, punctuation first and then numbers because they fall outside of any proper lettered alphabetization. At least, that's how I tend to rationalize some of the entries in my Muppet Listings. There, I generally reserve entries with apostrophies for after all the others that proceed it. Same with an entry that has a "," title following the character's main name.

Also, the entry for "Ushy-Gushy" should be after the added entry for TMTM, the way you have it now shows an U entry before a T entry.
And the single asterisk to denote action can be used with either one asterisk before the action, or one before and a second afterwards. Both are accepted, we usually use those to indicate either action or sound action separate from our main conversation posts in the dorms.
Hope this helps.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sticky: (n) When a thread has been indefinitely placed at the top of the list in a forum section by a moderator, not allowing it to "fall" from the page, regardless of how often or not someone posts in it. A "stickied" thread is often about a subject matter that is currently popular and/or topical or updated frequently. The purpose of a sticky thread is to ensure viewers can find it easily.
• stickied (v past tense)
• stickying (v present tense)