The Minstrels

Effralyo

Reaction score
Nope, Brio was "he". I do believe, the Min-s are a completely male squad.
And Brool looks rather more like a fluffy big puss for me. :flirt: I like cats...especially the fat green ones - like he...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Effralyo said:
Nope, Brio was "he". I do believe, the Min-s are a completely male squad.
And Brool looks rather more like a fluffy big puss for me. :flirt: I like cats...especially the fat green ones - like he...
Eff, I think Butch-cat should know if it's a He or a She concidering that he puppeted that character...:stick_out_tongue:

It does make sence that they should have at least one female though.

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi all again.

I hate doing this but I am sorry to tell you Effralyo that Brio was indeed a female character. Jocelyn Stevenson was actually the one who created the Minstrels and she wanted at least one female Minstrel. Of coarse this is not the first time that a male has played female characters in the Muppets and I ended up playing two females the Storyteller being the other.

Thankfully I did have one male character on Fraggle, my background Fraggle Morris even if he only got to speak a couple of times. By the way all three of my Fraggles had Glasses and I don't wear glasses. Actually with Morris Fraggle I put Glasses on him so that I could tell where I was from all of the Fraggles in any given shot. I'm rambling so I'm off.

Take care all

Terry Angus:smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ramble as much as you like, Terry- we live for it! Or at least, we'll stay awake for it :smile:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ramble all you like Terry! It's fascitating to us!!!

Xerus

Reaction score
I believe Brool made another appearance as a Koozbanian one time.

It was on Good Morning America back in the early 90s. Kermit was in his reporter's clothes and since it was Earth Day, Kermit was on Koozbane observing how two Koozbanians celebrate their Koozbane Day. And the Brool Muppet was one of them. The Koozbanians were blowing smoke all over the place, pouring poison into their lake and tearing up trees. Kermit couldn't believe these creatures were destroying their own planet and on Earth day. The Brool Muppet went, "Oh Earth! That's where we learned to do all this!" And Kermit frowned and ended the report.

Effralyo

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm glad to see Terry remarking himself, certainly, but what can I do now with my earlier Minstrel stories where Brio was "he"? Or make another Mulan-like story?:smile:

Saironi

Reaction score
Were any of the other minstrels aside from Cantus refered to by name?

I remember always being excited by seeing them when I was little because they were all so different, especially with just two Fraggles in a group of aggressive-looking creatures, Brool, I always thought, looked sort of agressive.

They're interesting because they all act as their own community and follow Cantus without question or hesitation. They must also be good at keeping themselves safe.

Effralyo

Reaction score
(Right. But why agressive? They can only seem to be, but they're all kind...)

And in my fanfics, I made up a home (and partically a kind) for everyone of the Min-s:
Cantus and Brio both live in Tantaradeyra Village (not so far from Fraggle Rock), where Cantus is a bailiff.
Brool is from Broolagoon. (By the way, to identify him by a kind, I called him "a furrinflate"...)
Murray is a dusty spirit from an old ruined house. He adores dust - judging his appearance.
Balsam...er, Balsam is from a certain spot behind the Fraggle Rock - didn't decide yet where from exactly.