Pupil Material

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what material is usually used for eye pupils? It looks a bit too smooth to be felt or fleece.

ploobis

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what material is usually used for eye pupils? It looks a bit too smooth to be felt or fleece.
I use to hand paint the pupils on my puppets eyes but now a days I use black felt with sticky paper on the other side to peal off and stick on the eye ball. You can also use felt tabs.

I hope this helps. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I usually hand-design the pupils myself (usually with different colored Sharpie markers), but I couldn't help but wonder what this material is that is used as pupils on Muppets and such.

I actually assumed it had some kind of adhesive on the back to make them removable and such.

practicecactus

Reaction score
Just about everyone here uses those little adhesive felt dots to put under stuff so it's doesn't scratch shinny surfaces.
I've just cut circles out of black electrical tape. Puts a little shine on the pupil, which I dig.

Jinx

Reaction score
I often use self-adhesive vinyl. I used to work in a sign shop and I plotted several hundred of them in a few sizes. I like them because they're perfectly round, incredibly thin (2 mil) and nice and shiny. Similar to the afore-mentioned electrician's tape, but much more accurate and easier to apply.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I use the foam 'dots' that scrapbooker's use to raise items up off a page. They're pre-cut, and (at least the ones I found) come in black and are self-adhesive.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Another fun material to use is adhesive felt (that may not be it's proper name). They sell it through Astronomy supply stores and you can usually source it online.