First to go on a frog...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Watching the Juliet Prowse talk-spot I noticed it is very similar to the opening of The Muppet Movie. Could this have been intentional?

In Ep1 Kermit says that feet are the first thing to go on a frog, then Juliet says that he has a great sence of humor.

In TMM Kermit says that the first thing to go on a frog is his tounge, et el.

So, first, which is true? Tounge of feet?

Next, are these the same for a reason?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Watching the Juliet Prowse talk-spot I noticed it is very similar to the opening of The Muppet Movie. Could this have been intentional?

In Ep1 Kermit says that feet are the first thing to go on a frog, then Juliet says that he has a great sence of humor.

In TMM Kermit says that the first thing to go on a frog is his tounge, et el.

Next, are these the same for a reason?
Ok, off the subect of what's first to go.

Do you think that the Talk Spot and the Opening Dialouge are similar by coincidence?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'd say coincidence...I think if it were meant to be an intentional referrence, it'd be closer word-for-word. But the similarity is there, so I can't say for sure. :confused:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I think this falls into the "Muppet Canon" discussions we always seem to collide into. So I say similarities; yes, coincidence... uhm, I think no... but my opinion can be very easily swayed on this one methinks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
I think the tail...
WOCKA WOCKA!! That was funny, and you earned your "Wocka"s!!

The same writers of TMS were writers on TMM, so I'm sure that whatever they felt were the best gags were carried over into the script of TMM.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I would say the feet go first, but then remembering Kermit's "Happy Feet" tap dance routine (and all his other dancing) makes me want to say tounge.

But after seeing Kermit snag Horace with his big ol' tounge on his way back to the swamp at the start of "Kermit's Swamp Year" makes me want to say that his tounge is in great repair too.

I think it's hard to tell with Kermit. Maybe on a regular frog one of these will start to go over time, but with Kermit he's 50 and every part of him seems to be in good health. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Maybe Kermit isn't sure either and that's why he's said both, leading me to believe that maybe it's a frog's memory that is the first to go.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I think the 'legs' line was a joke (the legs go, as in frog legs) and the 'tongue' line was Kermit being serious.

Side note: my 900th post! I've been here HOW LONG and have yet to become a Senior Member?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole