Virna Finley

fishbone

Reaction score
does any one know how i can contact virna finley...if you know you know the name ,i shouldn't have to tell you who she is,

puppetguy

Reaction score
This is the address given in the Puppeteers of America directory:

Verna Finly
Condo #113
1750 Jamaica Way
Punta Gorda, FL 33950-5118

email: afcol@peganet.com

hope this helps
David

puppetguy

Reaction score
Verna Finley is perhaps one of the finest foam puppet builders alive..and she never worked with the Muppets. Best known for her work with soft-sculptured ventriloquist figures, such as some of Ron Lucas' characters, her work has a distinct style that is easily to recognize. Occassionally, she and those she has trained teach workshops that deal specifically with her methods of foam construction.

David

fishbone

Reaction score
hmmm...

That's wild, i was told that she did work with the muppets... I guess my source was misinformed. Yeah i got the addy, thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of her video? I build puppets now. I started working with this really cool guy in santa ana cali. Sunday we build then go to a bbq. Go to www.thepuppetscafe.com & tell them scott "the new guy" sent ya. Check out all the puppets & happenings...

puppetguy

Reaction score
Really cool stuff on the site..puppets look great!! Wonderful characters, even just looking at them you can tell they've got personality.

I'll double check my source, but I'm almost positive she never worked with JHP. THere was a good article on her work in the Puppetry Journal a few years ago. I'll do some digging...

David

matleo

Reaction score
hey gang,
My understanding is that she worked for henson too. Check your sources again, dave and let us know. Talk to you later.
love, Matt

puppetguy

Reaction score
According to the Puppetry Journal, Winter 1992, Vol 44, No. 2:

"Verna began her love affair with puppetry while working as a costumer for children's nationally televised programs for WXYZ, an ABC affiliate in Detroit. There she met Bob Elnicky, a puppeteer who worked with Jim Henson. Elnicky taught her how to build puppets using foam in the "Muppet" style."

There's the only connection I can find.

David

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I am also trying to locate Verna or a set of her videos. Can anyone help me? I don't believe the Florida address is current anymore. I heard she might be in Virgina???

Thanks,
-Michele